[OLPC Brasil] Laptop de 150 dólares sai em quatro semanas!

Roberto Fagá robertofaga at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 10:14:46 EDT 2007

Hm, isso me cheira a uma mega-fraude internacional, dêem uma olhada no slashdot:

<http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/07/07/25/1519256.shtml>

Um comentário que achei interessante:
"
    * Because it's a domain registered in april, for one year.
    * Because same guy has 5 earlier "Medison something" companies
registered, 2 of which are bankrupt, rest of which are "dissolved"
    * Because the privacy-notice is cut-n-pasted from Apple (and
poorly done at that)
    * Because the images of the laptops are photoshopped variants of a
Taiwanese laptop. (and these claim to manufacture in Brazil)
    * Because they claim to charge ridicolous amounts for advertising
on the site ($15K - $2 million) for a site with (if you believe their
own claims!) 10K hits/month or thereabout.
    * Because the only way to contact them is a -hotmail- adress to
what appears to be a private individual.
    * Because even their phone is "temporarily disconnected"
    * Because they have no adress, no contact-info whatsoever in any
of the countries they claim to operate in ?
    * Because they (claim to) sell at about half the price of the
nearest competitor.
    * Because they claim it's cheap becaus they "see it from a
democratic point of view" which is crap.
    * Because there's around 20 other fishy-smelling things, but I'm
tired of listing them. :-)
"