[Bookreader] Book reader and eBook distribution/hosting service

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 16:27:18 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 11:16 PM, Sayamindu Dasgupta
> <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes - right now you need to change the code, but I'm willing to
>> consider other ways as well. It does support multiple repositories
>> easily.
>
> What things would require codechanges?

The code of the Get  Books activity.

>>> Sure does. I am assuming that the OPDS catalogs are a bit like a yum
>>> or apt index that clients download and query locally...
>>>

>> Yes, with the difference that the search can be done remotely (without
>> having to have a local cache of the catalog) via OpenSearch.
>
> So you can do it both ways? Search a remote index or grab a copy of
> the index for local searches? (With the grab-a-copy supporting some
> forms of update / patch that doesn't require a full index download
> everytime...?)

Incremental downloads are not a part of the spec. It can work both
ways, but for larger collections, it may make sense to have support
for the open search api at the server side to avoid large downloads.

-sdg-

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta