[Bookreader] OLPC seeking support collecting books from Archive.org

raj kumar rkumar at archive.org
Thu Jan 14 00:47:11 EST 2010

You can get a list of all French and Spanish books in CSV format from
the advanced search engine:
http://www.archive.org/advancedsearch.php (scroll to bottom form)

I think the search you want to do is:
mediatype:texts AND (language:"spanish" OR language:spa OR
language:"french" OR language:fre)

This gives 223631 books at this time.

You can download a list of these books in CSV format and then then
feed them to the bulk download script found here:

http://blog.openlibrary.org/2008/11/24/bulk-access-to-ocr-for-1-million-books/

Hope that helps!

-raj