[Bookreader] Text to Speech readers for XO

Mike McCabe mccabe at archive.org
Thu Oct 29 18:30:12 EDT 2009

I'll chime in -

I also think this is a great idea.  I've worked with several
text-to-speech readers recently, as part of my effort to make the
Internet Archive books available to print disabled people.

They're very useful, and I think that this mode of reading could be of
use to a very broad range of users.  I suspect we'll see more of it soon.

I'm also curious to hear about specific experiences with
linux-compatible free TTS, as we may be producing audio books with this
to work with the new Library of Congress audio players.

Best regards -
Mike