[Bookreader] [Announce] FBReader 4

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Tue May 12 17:02:21 EDT 2009

Hello,
Last week, while demoing the brand new sharing capabilities of
FBReader to some of my friends, I realized that file transfers can
take time. I should have realized it earlier, but I often forget the
obvious :P.

So here's a new release, which shows a nice progressbar as the shared
document gets retrieved from the other XO. You can download it from
http://dev.laptop.org/~sayamindu/FBReader-4.xo Also, SJ suggested that
there should be a "Cancel" button as well, so that _really_ long
downloads can be cancelled in case the user changes her mind. So a
cancel button has been added as well. Apart from that, there has been
a few bugfixes (there should be less "Keep errors" with this release).

I also planned to get rid of the hardcoded paths from the FBReader
binary with this release (so that it works on the newer F11 based
builds), but it looks like it will take some more effort before I can
attain this particular feature. However, this is my top priority for
FBReader 5, and with some luck, I think I'll be able to succeed.

I have updated the relevant wiki pages as well.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta