[Bookreader] [Announce] FBReader 3

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Mon May 4 10:21:07 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,
I have just released FBReader Activity version 3. You can download it
from http://dev.laptop.org/~sayamindu/FBReader-3.xo.

This version implements sharing support. This means that choosing the
"My Neighbourhood" option in the activity window will let you share
the ebook you are reading with other XO users who can see you in their
Neighbourhood view.
While implementing sharing, I had to fix a few problems with the file
robust/foolproof now.

Unfortunately, this still only works on the OLPC XO OS 8.2.x series.
I'm working on removing the hardcoded hacks from FBReader and
hopefully the next release would work on SOAS, etc.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta