[Bookreader] [ANNOUNCE] Read 55

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 11:33:50 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,
I have backported the latest edition of Read (as well as the rest of
the Read stack, eg Evince, Poppler, etc) so that it runs on the OLPC
XO OS 8.2.x series. You can download it with Browse in an XO from
http://dev.laptop.org/~sayamindu/Read-55.xo

This version of Read, apart from bugfixes and general stability
enhancements, has the following new features

* Table of content support (try it out with
http://dev.laptop.org/~sayamindu/sample_pdfs/abs-guide.pdf)
* If you start up Read directly (without choosing a journal entry), it
will show a chooser and ask you to select a journal object

Moreover, it supports the following formats

* PDF
* Postscript
* Comic Book Archive
* DJVU

Please test it with as many files as you can. I am trying to build a
repository of sample files which we should ideally support - more on
that as I make some progress.

* Better full screen support (ensuring that one knows the function of
the game keys)
* Book marks support

Thanks,
Sayamindu