[Bookreader] FBReader Version and How to get it

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 05:01:56 EDT 2009

2009/3/20 Rasika Karunathilaka <rasika.karunathilaka at gmail.com>:
> Hi All,
>           I tried to get FBReader through yum, and the version that I got is
> 0.10.3 which is somewhat rich in GUI. Later I found out I had to get
> FBReader from  http://dev.laptop.org/~sayamindu/FBReader-1.xo. Highly
> appreciate if you could explain the difference between these two tools. Are
> they same ? Pardon my ignorance, I am new to the XO testing.
>
> Best regards,
> RCK.

Hello,
The internals of both are the same. The one from
http://dev.laptop.org/~sayamindu/FBReader-1.xo is "wrapped" under an
user interface which better merges into the Sugar interface. However,
it is probably a bit unstable (it is the very first release, and has
not received much testing). And of course, a lot of feature still need
to be implemented.
Thanks,
Sayamindu

--