[Bookreader] help getting e-book content to use teaching English to 6th graders in Ethiopia

Richard Murray rmurraygr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 14:08:24 EST 2009

Hello,
     This e-mail requests some help on getting e-book content for two XO
laptops I'm donating to a school in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
     My name is Richard Murray.  I'm a retired lawyer visiting Ethiopia for
two months with my wife, who is helping with some medical projects.  I am
volunteering to teach English to some sixth graders at a private school in
Addis Ababa that is funded by the Children's Home Society and Family
Services in St. Paul, MN.  I brought two XO laptops that I got in late 2007
through the Get One, Give One program.  They didn't come with any e-book
content, but now that I am here I think that would be most useful.  There
aren't many English books in Addis, and those that exist aren't very good
for 6th graders.  We are making photocopies of the few good books we have
for use in class.  I would like to show the teachers here how e-book content
would work with these laptops.  We don't have enough machines for the
students, but such content might lead them to work to get more machines.
Can you help?
Dick Murray

--
Richard (Dick) Murray