[Bookreader] Sharing books and Gnubook

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Sat Jan 24 10:58:00 EST 2009

Alternately, if you are using a Browse shell to read books in gnubook
format, as long as both you and a friend store the book in its default
named location, you should be able to share a [local file] URL and
have it display properly on both machines.  In both this case and the
pdf use case, you have to solve the problem of exchanging the file
being shared before sharing -- either a pdf or a zipfile or an xo[l]
bundle.

For the WP activity, you exchange the entire xo bundle before sharing.
 Note that we want to merge xo and xol bundles asap; as with
activities, collections require both parties to have obtained a copy
of the bundle before sharing a collaborative session in which you use
it with others.

SJ