[Argentina] trying again

Gustavo Ibarra ibarrags at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 23:59:59 EDT 2009

Hola Samuel.

Are you thinking of developing a new activity-soft similar to
Browser-Activity, which already has some educational areas
(science,books, media,images and others) from wilkipedia-offline? I
mean, a new activity apart from the Browser containig items from
wikipedia offline.

We are a creating a new group of software developers interested in
shared experiencies knowlage in XO's computers. In the midlle of may
we had the first meeting, we had a long talk where we looked for
coincidences, we shared projects and thought what to do together.we
concluded the following

To do periodic meeting with true objectives and activities.not to wate time
To invite people who want to work
To work in the use of computer especially in models destinate to
education project called 1:1
To share development with other developers, especially with teachers
who use this programs and can tell us their educational vision.
To look for the best way to colaborate on line with other actual
projects (of laboratories or research university group or indpendent
entrepeneur).
To generate diferents workings groups with the same aims but with
diferent especific areas of applicattions:Python, Etoys, Fedora/SUGAR,
Procesos Pedagogicos1:1 (como se traduce ???)
We would like to reach in the short and intermediate time the following:

To keep active in argentina the espirit of working in: OLPC and SUGAR LAB
To interact with pre existent experiences such as :
To create SUGARLAB in Argentina
To help to have more XO's in classrooms in Argentina
More: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Alecu/ProximaReunion

I live three hours far from buenos aires. If I had known earlier, I
like being there. Next time!

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Samuel Klein<sj at laptop.org> wrote:
> We are meeting at 5:15 today to talk about offline use of wikipedia --
> I'm hoping to get some explicit support for future Infoslicer and
> WikiBrowse activities.   (I demonstrated sugar yesterday and some of
> the results of its use offline in rural Peru)
>
> There are also some hackers here from Venezuela and Arg who are
> interested in improving tools for selecting WP subsets for classrooms.
>
> SJ
>
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 10:16 AM, Gonzalo Odiard<godiard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks!
>> Will you be hacking about sugar or any related to XOs? Or only related to
>> wikis?
>>
>> Gonzalo
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Samuel Klein <sj at laptop.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hola Gonzalo (& the argentina list!),
>>>
>>> Wikimania is at the Centro Gral. San Martin on Sarmiento b/t Parana
>>> and Montevideo, near the Obelisk.
>>>
>>> There's a hacking session of wikimaniacs going on today and tomorrow
>>> in the basement there; and talks about Wikimedia going on all day.
>>> you may have to register for a day pass to come hang out.
>>>
>>> Warmly,
>>> SJ

>> --
>> Gonzalo Odiard