[Activities] activities library

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Mon Apr 6 12:33:32 EDT 2009

Recently, Sugar Labs has been working on a Activities download
portal[1] called the Sugar Activities Library.

The Activities Library is base on addons.mozilla.org.  We chose to use
AMO as a base becase it fit our needs well, it is undergoing active
development, and it scales well.  It can easily handle 10 million
activities updates per day!  Upstream AMO has been localized to 20
languages, we will start localizing the Activities Library as
translators have time.

I would like to suggest that we start migrating the activites and
their wiki.laptop.org pages to the Activity Library.

We can mark individual activities as 'Available in the Sugar Library'
as we work our way through the list.

Depending on your auto update needs, ASLO can be set up to handle auto
updates of Activities and Libraries.

thanks
david

1. http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/