[Activities] Hyperterm for the OLPC

Public OLPC public.olpc at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 01:38:32 EDT 2008

I don't know about a hyperterm program for the OLPC, but you can
definitely run telnet.

Start the Terminal Activity.  See
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Terminal_Activity#Starting_Terminal if you
don't know how to do that yet.

Make sure your XO is connected to the Internet, then enter
   yum -y install telnet
at the Terminal Activity's command prompt.

After telnet is installed, you can just enter
   telnet hamgate.muskegon.mi-drg.org
at the Terminal Activity's command prompt every time you want
to connect.  You hardly need a script for that.  Tip: after you
connect once, you can use the up arrow on the XO's keyboard
to recall that telnet command from the command history.