[laptop-accessibility] keyboard for the blind

Rakesh Chand chand at connect.com.fj
Tue Oct 23 02:35:27 EDT 2007

Certainly Peter,

That's why we prefer using guide dots. You're correct Peter about the F &
the dot on J. But for elderly people and some times for myself we find it
hard with just a light simple dot. Perhaps a heavier dot may make the
difference. Further on, Keys like (enter), (backspace) or, in case of
Function keys a dot is always a plus.... needs to have a dot so its
recognised quickly.

I use a PC at work or a Laptop at times my biggest obstacle is time, or
speed, what a blind person needs in open market is to put his or her hand &
within seconds be able to identify keys for a quick & speedy job. Perhaps,
that wil mean the same for a child sitting in examination.

So guys,on the job, have a great evening!

Rakesh